[OPE-L:4267] Questions to Gil (4243)

From: Alejandro Ramos (aramos@btl.net)
Date: Tue Oct 24 2000 - 20:36:00 EDT

Re Gil 4266:

[...]

>connect this to an analogy I drew in post 4243, it may as a historical fact
>be true that Copernicus arrived at his cosmological system by contrasting
>available astronomical data with the predictions of the Ptolemaic system.
>But that doesn't imply that contemporary astronomers need to follow his
>same intellectual path through the tortured complexities of Ptolemaic
>epicycle analysis.

Can we infer from this that your interpretation of the evolution of the
Economic thought between the time Marx wrote and the present is similar, in
the sense of "methodological progress" and "accumulation of knowledge", to
what happened between the time of Copernicus and today in the case of the
astronomy?

If so, precisely when did those that Marx calls "vulgar economists" loose
the theoretical battle?

Alejandro Ramos