[OPE-L:4311] Re: Price-Value Equivalence! [was "Logic and illogic in defending Marx"]

From: Andrew_Kliman (Andrew_Kliman@email.msn.com)
Date: Thu Oct 26 2000 - 21:32:37 EDT

Paul,

It is undeniable that Marx assumed prices = values from Ch. 6 throughout
most (but not all) of Vol. I.  What was at issue was whether he assumed
compositions of capital were equal, which is a different claim, and one
for which I've never seen evidence.  Also, that he assumed prices =
values does not imply that his results all depend on that assumption, or
that his definitions are applicable only when that assumption holds.

Andrew