[OPE-L:4315] Price-Value Equivalence!

From: Alejandro Ramos (aramos@btl.net)
Date: Thu Oct 26 2000 - 23:28:35 EDT

Paul,

>I was supporting Rakesh, not criticizing him, by citing evidence that Marx
>was clear on what he was assuming in Vol. 1 -- price-value equivalence.

That was unclear for me.

>If we assume price-value equivalence, we can move onto other questions
>raised by Marx's understanding of the capitalist mode of production.  I
>have not been convinced that much is learned, one way or another, by
>worrying about the transformation problem.  In other words, in my view,
>there are much deeper problems to consider than this particular interest
>(almost obsession) of Marxist economists.

I think you're right because, imho, there is nothing at stake there --and I
tried to show that in my research. Regarding the "obsession". This is a
psycological feature which can affect some people if they have been under
specific situations. In my case, I have heard so much about that coming
from the anti-Marxist camp. Perhaps you have had the opportunity of working
in a better enviroment than other people.

Alejandro Ramos