[OPE-L:4337] Re: Survey

From: nicola taylor (nmtaylor@carmen.murdoch.edu.au)
Date: Fri Oct 27 2000 - 23:34:20 EDT

At 07:58  27/10/00 -0600, you wrote:
>Hi!
>
>This is a survey aimed at choosing an alternative subtitle for a new
>academic edition of Das Kapital.
>
>Please, choose (A) or (B) and post your selection on this list.
>
>Corrections and additional options are welcome.
----------------------

Oi! I feel a certain element of Marxian thought has been excluded from the
options provided in this survey.  As a fervent advocate of VFT I feel
compelled to change the agenda in the interests of theoretical
improvements.  This heuristic motivation suggests the following
reconstruction of the existing options (concepts):

(C) DAS KAPITAL
A Critque and Reformulation of Neo-this and Neo-that
by Dr Karl Marx
Former Pupil of THAT Mighty Thinker.

Being a treatise on non-definition as well as a set of presuppositions and
posits concerning the *living things* that manifest as *concepts* of
"commodities", "money" and "capital", and the necessary links between the
living things and the concepts of them.  Includes a critical analysis of
upside-down-thinking, and makes many desultory and rude remarks about minor
left Ricardians.

Being also a comment on *absolute ideas*, especially the
socio-economic-philosophical-methodological-epistemological ideas of
*dead-white-males*.  Including quasi-illegible drafts on what might be the
key question for right-way-up *living* (gender un-biased) thinkers: "what
is the systematic dialectic and what the hell is it for?"  Answers prefaced
with cute little stars are much too difficult and should be skipped by the
uniformed.

Concludes with a demonstration that confusions about 'historical' and
'systematic' dialectic originate in the head of the Editor, and are
continuously undergoing conceptual development.

Edited by F. Engels, Expert on "The Subject".

Hamburg, 1894.

[Reprint: Yellow Logarithm Publishers, Mahogany Press, Belize City, 2001.]