[OPE-L:4341] Re: Re: Re: Re: Price-Value Equivalence!

From: Paul Zarembka (zarembka@ACSU.BUFFALO.EDU)
Date: Sat Oct 28 2000 - 09:51:24 EDT

Andrew, Thanks for your clarification.  And just because there are so many
possibilities I'd stay with price-value equivalence rather than
price=value, regardless if Marx wrote "Prices equals values".  One British
pound, for example, is not equal to any measure of labor hours or
fractions thereof.  Price=value masks the alternatives you elaborate.

In any case, I don't see this particular discussion as being of
significance but I do think the abstraction in Volume 1 from variations
across industries of differing compositions of capital is of significance.
Paul Z.

Paul Zarembka, editor, RESEARCH IN POLITICAL ECONOMY at
******************** http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PZarembka