[OPE-L:4353] Re: Re: Re: Technical change and general truths

From: Rakesh Narpat Bhandari (rakeshb@Stanford.EDU)
Date: Sun Oct 29 2000 - 12:24:00 EST

In 4348 Steve said

>I'm saying nothing of the sort, Rakesh!
>
>>I think what Steve is saying is that Marx's value theory has to be
>>generalized to the case of general equilibrium if his fellow
>>economists are going to take it seriously (even if the case of
>>general equilibrium can in no conceivable way be generalized to the
>>case of capitalism).
>
>God you are a frustrating person to communicate with. I have sent you my
>critique of Steedman:

Steve, I am not responding to that chapter; I was interpreting what
you had said here in the two posts which Julian quoted. Your own list
submissions seemed to be in contradiction.  Your chapter has nothing
to do with it. What you say on this list may not only be in
contradiction, it may also be in contradiction to your chapter as
well.

All the best, Rakesh