[OPE-L:4413] Re: RE: Bortkiewicz as statistician

From: Allin Cottrell (cottrell@wfu.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 02 2000 - 19:07:00 EST

On Thu, 2 Nov 2000 P.J.Wells@open.ac.uk wrote:

> You're right -- von B. did indeed claim a law of small
> numbers based on this work. As for Keynes on probability,
> this is on my desert island/prison reading list, though I
> have managed to have a reasonably systematic look at
> Carabelli's book on the topic.

I would say that Carabelli's book is not in the least reliable.
This may be uncharitable, but she has such an idee fixe, and
some weird notions of philosophy.  Rod O'Donnell's book on the
topic (although it also suffers from an idee fixe) is much
better, in terms of relating what Keynes actually said.

Allin Cottrell.