[OPE-L:4886] Re: Was Marx a Copernican or what?

From: Gerald_A_Levy (Gerald_A_Levy@email.msn.com)
Date: Tue Feb 13 2001 - 12:25:02 EST

A short addendum to [OPE-L: 4860]:

I previously noted a tendency by some to identify Marx with classical political economy. I saw an example of this today: in the current course catalog for the Graduate Faculty of the New School University  there is a course offered in the Economics Department titled simply "Classical Political Economy". Yet, the course description makes it quite clear that the course is *entirely* devoted to Marx's _Capital_ (I guess it is a replacement for the old 106-107 sequence).

In solidarity, Jerry