[OPE-L:4927] Re: RE: Epicycles (was "causes of changes in prices of production")

From: Fred B. Moseley (fmoseley@mtholyoke.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 16 2001 - 23:49:14 EST

On Fri, 16 Feb 2001, Drewk wrote:

> In OPE-L 4916,
>
> Rakesh wrote:
>
> "I don't believe this. What is your alternative interpretation of
> the
> passage in which Marx lays out the only two reasons why he allows
> prices of production to change?"
>

> Forget what you believe.  Forget my alternative interpretation.
>
> In fact, forget about this whole issue for a moment.  We have
> unfinished business from 3 days ago (see my OPE-L 4884).
>
> Please tell me, since you do not like my test, how *YOU* would
> test the truth-value of Fred Moseley's claim that HIS "prices of
> production" change if and only if technology (productivity of
> labor) changes.
>
> Again, I point out that your attempt to beg off this problem, by
> saying Moseley must be right "by definition," doesn't work.  I'm
> saying there is an internal contradiction in his definitions.
> That's what's at issue.  That's what must be tested.
>
> Once this issue is disposed of, I'll be happy to return to the
> other one.

Not much of an answer.  I still wonder what is Andrew's alternative
interpretation of the passages in which Marx lays out the only two reasons
why he allows prices of production to change.  These two reasons do not
include a change in market prices.  Nor do they include input prices not
equal to output prices.

Comradely,
Fred