[OPE-L:5026] Centres of Gravity calculations

From: Alan Freeman (a.freeman@greenwich.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Feb 22 2001 - 00:40:07 EST

Hoping it will increase clarity, I've re-worked the spreadsheet to my 1999
paper; it's on the website, along with a new link to the old paper, under
'guest papers' for 2001.

I've adopted a procedure which I also used for the World Economy
spreadsheet; I filled it with comments to try and explain how and why the
calculations are done.

This may also help anyone who wants to change the underlying assumptions I
used to investigate the various alternative concepts; if you think your own
concept is misrepresented, try plugging in different numbers or formulae and
see what happens. I'd be genuinely interested to see the results. I'm happy
to post variant spreadsheets to the site.