[OPE-L:5048] Re: RE: The RRPE Controversy

From: Paul Cockshott (paul@cockshott.com)
Date: Fri Feb 23 2001 - 05:07:53 EST

On Thu, 22 Feb 2001, you wrote:
quoting some referees comments that you thought excessively
harsh:

> * price is a relative concept (only)
>
> * discussion of money and prices in a one-commodity world is
> incomprehensible talk

Surely price is an exchange ratio between money and commodities. This
immediately makes it a 'relative concept'. It becomes even
more relative when we remember that the monetary unit
of account is arbitrary - subject to change by fiat in a
currency reform.

I, for one, can see no meaning for a concept of price in a
one commodity world. I find it incomprehensible.

--
Paul Cockshott, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, Scotland
0141 330 3125  mobile:07946 476966