[OPE-L:5160] Re: Re: causes of changes in prices of production

From: Fred B. Moseley (fmoseley@mtholyoke.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 13 2001 - 15:15:45 EST

On Tue, 13 Mar 2001, Allin Cottrell wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Mar 2001, Fred B. Moseley wrote:
>
> > My question is: why do Andrew's prices of production change from
> > period to period?  ....
>
> I'm afraid this discussion is, er, a case of Hamlet without the
> Prince.  I don't feel it's my place to defend Andrew's concept of
> prices of production (particularly since I don't agree with it).
>
> Allin.

Allin, I am not asking that you defend Andrew's concept of prices of
production.  Rather, I am asking that you reconsider your earlier
statement:

"To rephrase my point in [5051], I'm saying that your textual evidence
from Marx in terms of what does and does not cause prices of
production to change does not seem to me decisive in adjudicating
between Andrew's concept of prices of production and the alternative."

in light of the arguments presented in my latest post (5157).  If my
arguments and textual evidence are not decisive, would you please explain
again why.

Thanks again very much for your helpful contributions to this
discussion.

Comradely,
Fred