[OPE-L:5280] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: state and workers'ownership and (un)productive labor

From: paul bullock (paulbullock@ebms-ltd.in2home.co.uk)
Date: Wed Mar 28 2001 - 16:45:58 EST

Dear Gerry,

I shall be rather too busy in the coming period to keep up with further threads, but if you will allow me to end this one by adding a comment, that is, I think that (1) one must be very careful not to mistake the legal form for the economic relation. and (2) The notion that value of constant capital can be reproduced in an industry without the addition of surplus value is a  negation - in thought - of the capital relation (ie given the pre existing socially necessary labour time for the reproduction of those commodities  consumed to reproduce labour power itself, and the normal working day), seems to me very mistaken.

Best wishes

Paul Bullock.