[OPE-L:5441] A Turnover Question

From: John Ernst (ernst@pipeline.com)
Date: Fri Apr 27 2001 - 01:18:45 EDT

In considering the effect of turnover on the rate of
rate of profit we generally assume that circulating capital
turns over n times a year where n is at most 1.  What if
n is greater than 1?  Let's say that n is 2 and that
we assume there is no constant capital.  It seems to
me that if n were 1, then the rate of surplus value would
equal the rate of rate of profit.  But now we have assumed
that n is 2.  Is the rate of profit still equal to the
rate of surplus value?

John