[OPE-L:5754] Re: Re: the infinite quantity of logically plausible social theories theorem (IQLPSTT)

From: Steve Keen (s.keen@uws.edu.au)
Date: Sat Jun 02 2001 - 21:48:31 EDT

Walrasian theory isn't logically consistent Gerry: ever since Gorman
(1953!) showed that general equilibrium depends upon all consumers having
parallel linear Engels curves, logical consistency in the Walrasian scheme
went out the window. What's general about general equilibrium when it is
only valid for a single consumer and a single commodity?

There are *many* other logical conundrums in the theory--I couldn't have
written a 350 page book on it if there weren't!

So Blaug's comment is an additional reason--even if it were logically
coherent, it still ain't relevant to our world. But it's not logically
coherent.

Steve

Home Page: http://www.debunking-economics.com
             http://bus.uws.edu.au/steve-keen/