[OPE-L:5792] Re: Marx's and Kalecki's monetary insights

From: Steve Keen (s.keen@uws.edu.au)
Date: Tue Jun 05 2001 - 08:51:56 EDT

The key insight for me is in the paper "The principle of increasing risk",
which argues that it is the monetary and uncertainty factors which limit
the level of investment by any firm (and hence aggregatively by the
system), and not the 'declining marginal efficiency of investment' as
assumed by the mainstream.

Steve
At 06:46 PM 6/5/01 Tuesday, you wrote:
>Andrew T suggested, in part, in [5773] that
>Marxists should re-learn Marx's "monetary
>insights, which provide the antecedants to  Post
>Keynesian Economics".
>
>To which Paul C added in [5775]:
>
> > Even better to re-read Kalecki.
>
>Paul:  Reading which books and/or articles by
>Kalecki do you believe are best from the
>standpoint of stimulating Marxists to develop
>monetary insights'?   (that's a quick and simple
>question that others are encouraged to answer as
>well).
>
>Is there anything in Kalecki's 'monetary insights'
>that was not anticipated by Marx? If so, what?
>
>In solidarity, Jerry

Home Page: http://www.debunking-economics.com
             http://bus.uws.edu.au/steve-keen/
             http://www.stevekeen.net