[OPE-L:5807] Re: Re: cause(s) and consequence(s) of the Marxist 'obsession'

From: Andrew Brown (Andrew@lubs.leeds.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Jun 06 2001 - 11:49:52 EDT

Thanks Jerry,

I think a problem with your hypothesis re pressures of academia is
that cannot explain the *content* of the debate. Why pressures in
this rather than that direction? Certainly, 'pressures' in general do
not explain any content whatsoever.

I hope you don't infer from what I have said previously that I think
the majority of the working (and for that matter capitalist) class
wander around wondering about the Okishio theorem! Re 'worrying
about value': I think both classes do that!

Thanks again,
Andy