[OPE-L:5852] FW: Re: heterodox theories of value

From: Makoto Itoh (mktitoh@kokugakuin.ac.jp)
Date: Mon Jun 11 2001 - 06:14:31 EDT

Dear Jerry;

Thanks for your response. We have not yet got any reply from
Post-Keynesians. As for the final sentence you quote, it is indeed to dense.
In the whole book, we intended to explain following contents.
1) Although Marx well recongnized monetary financial instability, like
post-Keynesians, sometimes relatively independent from real accumulation to
cause what we called monetary crisis type 2, capitalist financial crises
usually and often deeply rooted in the difficulties of real (industrial)
accumulation of capital, typically such as overaccumulation of capital in
relation to labouring population.
2) It must be analyzed also in relation with the changes in real capital
accumulation why financial instability so much underlined by Minsky and
other Post-Kenesians was not much important in a certain historical period
like the 'golden age' in 1950-60s, and why it became so important after
1970s. Overaccumulation played a decisive role in this historical change.
Capital-labour relations in the phase of depression are also important in
understanding difficulties of isufficient consumer demand for real capital
accumulation. Thus, Post-Keynesians seems overgeneralize the financial
instability in these two contexts.

It is my honour and encouragement for my tennis exercise to be called an
erwhile tennis partner by genius Steve!

Cheers,
Makoto