[OPE-L:5855] Re: Re: form and content re value-form and abstract labour

From: Fred B. Moseley (fmoseley@mtholyoke.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 12 2001 - 10:09:48 EDT

Hi Andy,

I seem to have deleted your (5851), but I am very glad that we agree on
these important issues -  that abstract labor determines prices and
therefore that abstract exits as a "distinct magnitude" (defined in units
of labor-time) from money, and that the distinct existence of abstract
labor as a magnitude is necessary in order to provide a quantitative
theory of value and surplus-value.

I am willing to accept your formulation of "distinct aspect", but that is
what I mean by "distinct entity".

I look forward to identifying further areas of agreement in the future.

Comradely,
Fred