[OPE-L:5900] Report from Ground Zero

From: Gerald_A_Levy (Gerald_A_Levy@email.msn.com)
Date: Tue Sep 11 2001 - 11:08:10 EDT

Both towers of the World Trade Center (WTC) have
collapsed. I saw the second tower collapse before my very eyes just a little while ago. Lower Manhattan is covered with smoke and there is a mass exodus by foot northward. Everyone below
Canal Street is being evacuated. The subway system has been closed. All bridges and tunnels have been closed. City Hall and all federal buildings have been closed. Meanwhile --

The Pentagon was attacked by another plane.
Camp David in Maryland has been attacked by
another plane, I just heard.  All air flights nationally have been grounded. The White House and the Capitol and other federal buildings in D.C. have been
evacuated.

What really scares me, though, is what President
Bush will do in retaliation. The US is about to go
to War -- but against whom?

I also wonder what effect this will have on the US
-- and world -- economy?  And how many workers
internationally will die in the war and hardship that
will follow?

In solidarity, Jerry