[OPE-L:5927] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: the wages of war

From: paul bullock (paulbullock@ebms-ltd.in2home.co.uk)
Date: Mon Sep 17 2001 - 12:02:43 EDT

The Economist p19, this week. " The notion of jihad , or holy war, had
almost ceased to exist in the Muslim world after the 10th centuery until it
was revived, with American encouragment, to fire an international
pan-Islamic movement afte the Soviet invasion of Afgahnistan'.......

The ABC journalist John Cooley refers to the  'Reagan-Casey  jihad team' (in
his Unholy Wars;Afghanistan, America and Int.Terrorism).

Paul