[OPE-L:5929] Re: Re: RE: Re: Re: Re: the wages of war

From: Allin Cottrell (cottrell@wfu.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 17 2001 - 12:17:08 EDT

On Mon, 17 Sep 2001, Michael Perelman wrote:

> We approve of freedom fighters, are not too concerned about
> guerrillas, and ahbor terrorists.  It all depends on whose side
> they are on.

To me, "guerilla" carries the connotation of the military wing of a
political movement, with definite political aims (and ready to take
responsibility for military actions taken in pursuit of those aims).
"Terrorism" connotes attacks on civilians with ill-defined aims and
out of the context of a mass political movement.

Allin Cottrell.