[OPE-L:5946] Re: Re: war

From: Allin Cottrell (cottrell@wfu.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 18 2001 - 22:56:32 EDT

On Tue, 18 Sep 2001, Ian Hunt wrote:

> I think, incidentally, that the attack brought death and
> destruction on a far greater scale than the attackers ever
> imagined - if the engineers and architects who built the WTC were
> surprised at its collapse, then no doubt those behind the attack
> would probably have been surprised too.

Possibly, but is this observation of any significance?  Flying a
couple of large airliners into densely populated office towers is an
act calculated to cause maximal horror and carnage.  Maybe the
carnage exceeded "optimistic" expectations.  So far as our judgement
of the action is concerned, so what?

Allin Cottrell.