[OPE-L:6007] petter nore; test; samir amin/aijaz ahmad?

From: Rakesh Bhandari (rakeshb@stanford.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 24 2001 - 05:06:07 EDT

It's 'Petter Nore'. He's Norwegian and, when I last heard some years ago,
was a senior bureaucrat in the Norwegian Ministry concerned with oil.

michael

thanks for the info. this message is actually a test since i do not seem to be
getting copies of my own OPE-L messages (i hadn't got nicky's penultimate
message either). sorry to have bothered everyone.

but since i am here:

 is samir amin still on this list? i remember that his short book on the arab
economy (zed; 1980?) to have been a very illuminating study of the distortions
of dependent development.

aijaz ahmad's lineages of the present (verso, 2000 or 2001) is rather
thoughtful and detailed regarding india-pakistan relations...

Rakesh