[OPE-L:6025] Re: Web sites on Marxist Economics

From: Gerald_A_Levy (Gerald_A_Levy@email.msn.com)
Date: Sat Sep 29 2001 - 09:17:04 EDT

A couple of additional sites worth checking-out:

*  "Study Guide for *Capital* Volume I" prepared
    by Harry Cleever for a course he is teaching
    now called "Introduction to Marxian
    Economics":

http://www.eco.utexas.edu/faculty/Cleaver/357k.html

    The study guide comes complete with
    questions for review and poetry. Only
     Parts VIII and Part I -- *in that order* --
    are covered in the guide. He offers the
    following  explanation:

    "We turn to Part I *after* having studied Part
     VIII because hopefully the latter material will
     provide a framework within which the abstract
     material of this first part will be easier to
     understand".

     Sounds very similar to the reason offered by
     Althusser, doesn't it?
    ( Harry, though, -- unlike Althusser -- begins
     with "The so-called Primitive Accumulation").

* A site called "A New Marxian Social Theory:
    Class Analysis and Methodological
    Overdetermination"  created by Steve Resnick
     and Richard Wolff:

    http://www.umass.edu/resnick-wolff

    The reading lists are worthwhile and there is a
    listing of relevant dissertations.

In solidarity, Jerry