[OPE-L:6067] Re: Against Economic Determinism -- replies to Fred and Rakesh

From: Gerald_A_Levy (Gerald_A_Levy@email.msn.com)
Date: Sun Oct 14 2001 - 14:07:35 EDT

A correction to my [6065]:

In writing the following I was relying on my incomplete (and as it turns
out, somewhat erroneous) reading of a post that Fred wrote on PEN-L:

> The crude version of economic determinism (sorry, Fred,
> but that's the way I see it) was perhaps best expressed by
> Fred recently in his suggestion that US policy on the Middle
> East is "ALL" about oil.

Fred didn't write "ALL". But, he might as well have. See:

http://csf.colorado.edu/pen-l/2001III/msg03343.html

In solidarity, Jerry

PS: Normally I don't introduce something that a listmember has
written for another list, but in this case I have since Rakesh
cross-posted many of his posts to both lists on this subject and
thereby intertwined the two discussions.