[OPE-L:6277] Re: Re: recent science and society and Fred M's interpretation

From: Rakesh Bhandari (rakeshb@stanford.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 11 2002 - 16:02:43 EST

just answers that require no thought.

>2. "I am at a loss why the  TSS'ers do not recognize that in his 1941
>dynamics book to which Mattick Sr wrote an introduction, Grossmann
>demonstrated how at odds Marx was at equilibrium assumptions of bourgeois
>economists."
>
>Reference?

translated in capital and class in two parts in 1977 as marx,
classical economics and the problem of dynamics. the second half is a
concentrated attack on the methodology of comparative statics.

>3. "I noticed however that you did not mention that your interpretation
>requires that Marx's mention of double divergence in Capital 3 and TSV be
>excised in effect from the text."
>
>I don't know Fred and Laibman's articles in S&S, but I've given an
>interpretation of what you call the "double divergence" in my article in
>IJPE. It doesn't require to "excise" texts. I don't believe, btw, that Fred
>advises to make such a thing...

in previous email exchange with allin, fred has agreed that in order
for his interpretation to hold marx had to have made a mistake in
writing that there are two reasons why the value of a commodity and
its price of production diverge.

rakesh