[OPE-L:6468] Re: Re: Marx and the bible

From: Rakesh Bhandari (rakeshb@stanford.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 30 2002 - 14:22:27 EST

It's been a long time since I read Franz Hinkelammert's Ideological
Weapons of Death: A Theological Critique of Capitalism and Enrique
Dussel's Ethics and Community, but I do remember there being very
interesting discussion of such passages there. I hardly know the
Bible myself; my father took us to a Methodist church for a while
only because his boss attended. He still got fired, and refers to his
taking us to Church as the most humiliating thing he ever did.
rb