[OPE-L:6553] RE: Re: * poll: who has advanced political econ om y since Marx? *

From: P.J.Wells@open.ac.uk
Date: Mon Feb 11 2002 - 13:54:26 EST

Jerry wrote

>Re Julian's [6548]:
>

>> I'd be interested the hear the views of better-read comrades than
>> myself on  this -- but do others agree with me that Lenin
>advanced > the *practical* *critique* of political economy to
>a marked degree?
>
>At the risk of sounding heretical, what exactly was that advancement?

Well, actually I was trying to emphasise the *practical* critique -- he did
participate in a revolution, after all.

I'd agree with Jerry that many of those works of his which are best known to
the average revolutionary activist are either popularisations (i.e., not
scientific works as such) or contemporary polemics.

Julian