[OPE-L:6590] Re: [Andrew Kliman] Open Letter to OPE-L

From: Rakesh Bhandari (rakeshb@stanford.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 15 2002 - 13:13:52 EST

>For reasons of his own, Rakesh Bhandari has decided to take
>McDonough's false and unsubstantiated allegation at face value.
>In OPE-L 6584, Bhandari calls me "petty and mean spirited to have
>threatened legal action" and asks me to "retract the threat."
>However, neither I nor my lawyer threatened legal action, so there
>is nothing to retract.  I call on Bhandari immediately to retract
>the false allegation he repeated as if it were fact, and to
>apologize for doing so.

I shall happily retract the allegation if it proves to be false. Why
would McDonough lie about this? Was there no contact between Kliman's
lawyer and Skillman? Kliman only denies that there was an explicit
threat of legal action. He does not deny that he had his lawyer
contact Skillman.  Could Skillman have reasonably interpreted a
communication from Kliman's lawyer as a threat?

Bhandari