[OPE-L:6678] Re: RE: Re: Imperialism

From: Asfilho@aol.com
Date: Fri Mar 08 2002 - 11:21:04 EST

I agree with Julian that we ought to search for an *economic* dimension of
imperialism. This is an urgent task. Anwar Shaikh has made very important
contributions to the critique of neoclassical trade theory, and perhaps his
analysis can contribute to the development of a theory of unequal exchange
that avoids the critiques commonly raised against Emmanuel's work.

Unequal exchange and imperialism are topics that we must face. Politically
they are immensely important.

I do not have an answer to these questions. But perhaps we can think together
about this.

By the way, a friend reminded me yesterday that this is the 100th anniversary
of the publication of Hobson's "Imperialism".

alfredo.