[OPE-L:6742] list procedures and coordination

From: gerald_a_levy (gerald_a_levy@msn.com)
Date: Thu Mar 14 2002 - 09:43:08 EST

1) Re Alfredo's [6740]:

> In my view, the time is right to draw a line under these events, and
rethink the rules and procedures of the list. This might allow us to review
our rules and change them as we see fit (if we want to do this). Having done
this, we may decide to invite back some former members who may have left (in
the distant past or in the last few days), and who may be willing to abide
by the (new) rules and procedures. <

I am, of course, open to such a discussion. I propose that
it take place ON-list.

2) more on Paul Z's [6738]:

Paul writes that the list is "threatened by its manager".

I will repeat again what I have written in the past: OPE-L
is a collaborative project  rather than being my "property"
and if it is the will of most  listmembers that I stand aside
and let someone else be  the list coordinator, I will abide
by that decision (and would,  indeed, help the new coordinator
in whatever ways she or  he requested in the transition).
However, based both on  on-list statements in the last week and
off-list messages of  support that I have received I believe that
the overwhelming majority of listmembers are quite happy with the
job that I am doing.  I think that those who believe otherwize --
out of respect for the _other_ members on this list -- have a
responsibility to make their thoughts known and attempt to change
the list rather than just remove themselves from it.

I invite responses -- by all listmembers -- on this issue as well
ON-list.

In solidarity, Jerry