[OPE-L:6825] Argentinian crisis

From: Alejandro Valle Baeza (valle@servidor.unam.mx)
Date: Wed Mar 27 2002 - 12:52:59 EST

Jerry wrote:
"

The right-wing "Heritage Foundation" has attributed
the crisis in Argentina (in a 4/01 statement) not to
capitalism but due to an "absence of capitalism"!

http://www.heritage.org/library/backgrounder/bg1432es.html

Is this _entirely_ right-wing propaganda or is there a kernel
of truth behind the ideological 'facade'?  I think it's  pure
ideology. Do others agree or disagree?

In solidarity, Jerry

Jerry, thank you for the interesting reference.
I think this is right-wing cliché at least since Friedman wrote about Chilenian economy. Every time neoliberal economic policy go wrong is possible to say "the problem is that they did not make enough changes." The real fact is that Argentina was an advanced example of neoliberal reforms and now is an excellent example that crisis so deep as 29's crisis is possible after Keynesianism, Monetarism, Rational Expectations, etc.
Con un saludo

Alejandro