[OPE-L:6826] Cyrus Bina

From: ope-l administrator (ope-admin@ricardo.ecn.wfu.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 27 2002 - 20:12:12 EST

Cyrus Bina" <binac@mrs.umn.edu>, from the University of Minnesota, has
joined OPE-L.

Here he tells us a little about his interests:
-------------------------------------
My work includes
The Economics of the Oil Crisis (St. Martin's, 1985), in which I have
originally developed Marxian Theories of Oil Rents, Oil Crisis, and
Globalization of the Oil Industry.  I also extended those theories to US
foreign policy elsewhere.  I have written extensively about the 'Pax
Americana' and its demise due to the forces of globalization, and decline
of US hegemony (ala Gramsci).  Since  mid-1980s, I have been working on
the notions of 'globalization,' 'technological change,' and 'skill
formation' in capitalism.  And labor co-editor, Beyond Survival: Wage
Labor in the Late Twentieth Century, M.E. Sharpe, 1996).  Finally, I am
also specialized on Political Islam and Iran (co-editor, Modern
Capitalism and Islamic Ideology in Iran, Macmillan, 1992).

Cyrus: welcome aboard!

In solidarity, Jerry