[OPE-L:6834] Re: Re: Cyrus Bina

From: Cyrus Bina (binac@mrs.umn.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 28 2002 - 17:14:22 EST

Dear Paulo,

Thanks for your gracious welcome.  I think you are asking about the content
of my Labor book, Beyond Survival: Wage Labor in the Late Twentieth Century.
If so, the Table of Content is as follows:

Introduction--Beyond Survival: Toward the Revitalization of Labor, Bina,
Clements, and Davis
1. Wage Labor and Global Capital: Global Competition and Universalization of
the Labor Movement, Bina and Davis
2. Labor and Today's Global Economic Crisis: A Historical View, D. C. Ranney
3. Political Entrepreneuralism: Deregulation, Privatization, and the
"Reinvention of Government," L. Clements
4. The Swedish Model: From the Cradle to the Grave, N. Eiger
5. Labor Relations and the Social Structure of Accumulation: The Case of
U.S. Coal Mining, M. I. Naples
6. Shop Floor Relations: The Past, Present, and Future of Mass Production,
D. Fairris
7. An Alternative Strategy: Lessons from the UAW Local 6 and FE, 1946-52
8. Lean and Mean: Work, Locality, and Unions, P. Garrahan and P. Stewart
9. The Future is Already Here: Deskilling of Work in the "Office of the
Future," V. Mogensen
10. Management Resistance to Change: A Case of Computer Information Systems,
E. Bernard
11. Legal Challenges Against Plant Closings: Eminent Domain, Labor, and
Community Property Rights, D. Schultz
Selected Bibliography
About the Editors
Contributors