[OPE-L:6836] Re: Cyrus Bina

From: Cyrus Bina (binac@mrs.umn.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 28 2002 - 17:19:22 EST

Thanks Jerry.

Cyrus
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: ope-l administrator
  To: ope-l@galaxy.csuchico.edu
  Sent: Wednesday, March 27, 2002 7:12 PM
  Subject: [OPE-L:6826] Cyrus Bina

  Cyrus Bina" <binac@mrs.umn.edu>, from the University of Minnesota, has
  joined OPE-L.

  Here he tells us a little about his interests:
  -------------------------------------
  My work includes
  The Economics of the Oil Crisis (St. Martin's, 1985), in which I have
  originally developed Marxian Theories of Oil Rents, Oil Crisis, and
  Globalization of the Oil Industry.  I also extended those theories to US
  foreign policy elsewhere.  I have written extensively about the 'Pax
  Americana' and its demise due to the forces of globalization, and decline
  of US hegemony (ala Gramsci).  Since  mid-1980s, I have been working on
  the notions of 'globalization,' 'technological change,' and 'skill
  formation' in capitalism.  And labor co-editor, Beyond Survival: Wage
  Labor in the Late Twentieth Century, M.E. Sharpe, 1996).  Finally, I am
  also specialized on Political Islam and Iran (co-editor, Modern
  Capitalism and Islamic Ideology in Iran, Macmillan, 1992).

  Cyrus: welcome aboard!

  In solidarity, Jerry