[OPE-L:7003] RE: a boring question (for John H and others)

From: Mongiovi Gary (mongiovg@stjohns.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 17 2002 - 08:58:53 EDT

"Capital  is above all objectionable because it is boring".

This sounds like something Oscar Wilde might have said: clever and amusing
but not very penetrating.  I agree that it trivializes what is at stake.
 "Above all"?  In a sense, capital is hardly boring if one considers the
damage it inflicts on human lives and the environment.  Is a tornado or an
earthquake boring because it's just about the weather or geological
phenomena?

Gary