[OPE-L:7010] Re: Capital & Class

From: gerald_a_levy (gerald_a_levy@msn.com)
Date: Wed Apr 17 2002 - 16:31:52 EDT

In [7009] Geert wrote:

> Relevant is also the Vol I number.

By my reckoning:

The total # in VI:  25. Of these *l9* are in the body of the
work ( 2 references are in the table of contents; and
there are l reference each in the l867 and l872 Prefaces
and the l873 Afterward. There is also a reference in the
l886 Preface by Engels but I have not included it in the total.)

The breakdown/chapter is as follows:  *one reference each*
in  Chapters 5-6, 9-ll, l4-l7, 23-30, 32-33.  Thus, despite
the reference to 'class'  in l9 chapters, there is  *no* chapter in
which  class was mentioned in more than one excerpt.

Of course, it may be that the # is different if we look at the
German (or perhaps other translations:  the online version used
the Moore & Aveling translation.)

In solidarity, Jerry