[OPE-L:7228] Message from the Advisory Committee

From: Allin Cottrell (cottrell@wfu.edu)
Date: Mon May 20 2002 - 12:50:11 EDT

In light of recent developments on the list, the OPE-L advisory
committee (AC) wishes to make the following points.

1. We re-affirm the principle of comradeship on the list.

2. We request that personal attacks against current or previous
   list-members should cease immediately, and should be avoided in
   future.

3. For future reference, we ask list-members to note that calls for
   the resignation of the co-ordinator, AC members or list-members
   must be handled confidentially through the AC or the list
   co-ordinator, as the case may be.

4. We are considering further proposals, to be submitted to the
   list shortly, dealing with policy, organisation and related
   matters.

Allin Cottrell
Fred Moseley
Alfredo Saad Filho