[OPE-L:7418] RE: Re: Re: Re: RE: Commodity money in a Sraffian system

From: mongiovg (mongiovg@stjohns.edu)
Date: Sat Jul 13 2002 - 13:40:41 EDT

Why do you refer to a "veil"? I see no reason why one could not argue that
(i)money is irrelevant to the determination of relative prices, except insofar
as the monetary authorities can influence distribution through their interest
rate policy; while (ii) monetary policy has a definite impact on the
short-period behavior of output and employment. I don't see this line of
thinking as incompatible with Marx's analysis in any significant respect.

Gary