[OPE-L:7560] Re: Re: RE: textbook for "History of Economic Thought" course?

From: Riccardo Bellofiore (bellofio@cisi.unito.it)
Date: Wed Aug 28 2002 - 08:11:44 EDT

Dear comrades,

	I forgot to say in my previous intervention on this stream
that there is an UK url which may be useful on this stuff, and more
generally on academic textbooks (if you go back one step):

http://www.economics.ltsn.ac.uk/books/HistoryofEconomic.htm

	there, btw, you find the reference to Ernesto's book. it's
funny because in the site they have put the name of the translator as
an author, together with Screpanti and Zamagni.

	two questions to thosa who are reading:

(i) do you know some other good site of this kind (e.g., on the USA,
or France)?

(ii) do you have similar advice on Monetary Economics? some good
textbook in English (if you answer, please rename the 'subject' as
"textbook on Monetary Economics").

I liked very much the textbooks of Rousseas and Harris, but they are
now more than 15-20 years old. so I would be happy to find something
of that kind. a fairly detailed and didactical overview.

In Italy, today, monetary economis is a field which is thought not
only as mainly monetary macroeconomics, but also as covering what is
special about the banks etc. so I would like to have advice on
something good and up to date.

rb

-----

--