[OPE-L:7561] RE: To Rakesh, RE: Fred's remarks on Marx, Sraffa & Rents

From: Rakesh Bhandari (rakeshb@stanford.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 28 2002 - 14:48:45 EDT

Gary,
your characteristically stimulating post (7536) has given me much
(perhaps too much) to think about
*what we mean by an accounting framework
*what we mean by exploitation
*which profit rate matters to capitalists and/or in the analysis of the
   capitalist system
*how or whether the empirical and normative are intertwined in Marx's theory

As the list has many very serious scholars on it, I am hoping that
others will take up the questions which you have raised. I have much
more to think about before replying, and will have to find the time
to do so.

Yours, Rakesh

ps thanks to Paul Cockshott for his reply as well.