[OPE-L:7747] Re: Re: does the theory of surplus value primarily concern magnitude?

From: Francisco Paulo Cipolla (cipolla@sociais.ufpr.br)
Date: Fri Oct 04 2002 - 17:15:57 EDT

Dear Jerry, my point is that this social relation which according to you is
qualitative has within its definition a quantitative aspect, that is, extraction
of more labor than it costs. The way you were separating quantitative and
qualitative aspects of the theory of surplus value seemed to me to render the
qualitative definition not complete.
You are saying that each mode of production has specific social relations and
the description of these relations are qualitative because it distinguishes
between different types of relationships. Is this what you are saying?
Paulo