[OPE-L:7927] Re: Re: relation of value to organic composition of capital

From: clyder@gn.apc.org
Date: Wed Nov 06 2002 - 08:41:12 EST

Quoting gerald_a_levy <gerald_a_levy@msn.com>:

> Re Andy's [7915]:
>
> > I'm not clear how you would *distinguish* between the VCC and the
> > OCC on your own interpretation. Hence, also, I'm not clear what
> > the dialectical unity would be uniting.
> > On my interpretation of the above cite of Marx, the OCC will *only*
> > change if the TCC changes.
>
> I would say, rather, that Marx asserts that  *both* TCC  and  VCC must
> change for the OCC to change.  Thus the OCC can only increase if:
> a) the TCC increases, and
> b) the VCC increases.

I dont see that the OCC can really be any different from the VCC
since it is measured in value terms.

The TCC is ill defined, there is no procedure by which one can
measure it. If one views it as a scalar
how can one say when it has changed?
If it is a vector one can say when it has changed, but the
ordering relation on TCCs becomes partial.