[OPE-L:7928] Re: Re: unequal exchange

From: clyder@gn.apc.org
Date: Wed Nov 06 2002 - 08:44:33 EST

Quoting gerald_a_levy <gerald_a_levy@msn.com>:

> Re Paul C's [7914], Alejandro's [7917] and my [7919]:
>
> I asked Paul previously, in [7903]: "What is required to empirically
> demonstrate the existence of unequal exchange?".  Paul didn't
> answer that question in [7914] but instead asserted -- without an
> attempt at explanation -- that  the concept of unequal exchange in the
>  works of [listmember] Samir Amin  struck him  as  "complete rubbish".

One would have to demonstrate that the same commodity when produced
in the metropole sold at a higher price in a 3rd country
than when the same commodity was produced in a colony.

Thus if Japanese steel sells for a higher price in Brazil
than South African steel, then there is unequal exchange occuring.