[OPE-L:7958] Re: relation of value to organic composition of capital

From: Andrew Brown (Andrew@lubs.leeds.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Nov 07 2002 - 11:53:10 EST

Jerry,

On my view 'organic' refers to the bringing to together of the two
elements of capital, the mp and LP.

You refer to the bringing together of use value and value. But Marx
doesn't refer to the 'organic composition of the commodity' in order
to refer to the unity of value and use value. Rather, he simply refers
to the commodity. Thus I am questioning why, in further
developments, he suddenly has to use the term 'organic' to refer to
the unity of value and use value whereas previously he didn't.

Many thanks,

Andy