[OPE-L:8014] Re: Robert Brenner

From: Andrew Brown (Andrew@lubs.leeds.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Nov 18 2002 - 06:01:43 EST

Re 8010:

> Here he has faced severe and extensive criticism eg in two issue of
> Dialectical Materialism no's 4 and 5. At SOAS it was all very
> friendly, but he had few allies.

That's 'Historical Materialism' nos 4 and 5 -- I'm afraid the word
'dialectics' doesn't appear!

There are were too many issues going on at once in the SOAS
thing but Brenner's data on the most recent magnitude of the US
non-financial corporate profit rate does stick in my mind -- it dipped
to its lowest level for 19 years in 2001.

Andy