[OPE-L:8200] Re: Marx's Notes on Wagner available on MIA

From: gerald_a_levy (gerald_a_levy@msn.com)
Date: Tue Dec 17 2002 - 07:05:18 EST

Re Paul B's [8197]:

> Impossible for me not to  note this will therefore mean that our
> discussion  about the state , 5248, 5250, 5272, and especially
> your 5274, and my closure  in 5280.  (all over  your general
> reluctance to accept state industries as  'capitalistic' ) is now
> further resolved more clearly along the lines I was
> consistently suggesting.

Hi Paul.
I have not forgotten about that exchange. I just re-read 5274 and am
satisfied with that as an outcome  I note especially the following
descriptions: "due to transient and exceptional circumstances", an
"anomaly", where the state takes in effect "temporary custody" and
"foster care" of a capitalist  enterprise.  However, it would be impossible
for me not to note that the subject of our prior discussion -- unlike the
present one --  did not primarily concern what Marx did or did not write
and how best to interpret it.  I.e. our prior discussion centered around
the issue itself rather than hermeneutics. So I don't see how a current
thread on apples can  "resolve" our prior discussion of oranges.

> Happy New Year

May it be a year without another imperialist war!

In solidarity, Jerry