[OPE-L:8341] Re: Re: Re: Re: Education and Value

From: Tony Tinker (tonytinker@msn.com)
Date: Tue Jan 14 2003 - 16:34:20 EST

Re: your suggestion below, that MBA's are 'unproductive'.

 My criterion of productive  is strictly  one of  'surplus value' producing,
and therefore contribute to the reproduction of capital (and thus the
capital-labor relation of expropriation).  And yes certainly, mercenaries
(and probably state-financed troops -- state capital) would indeed qualify
as productive as they are wage labor, form part of a wage labor market, and
are productive of surplus value.

This identification is important, because the wage relation (regarded in
this manner) embodies the contradictions  make the transformation of
capitalism possible.

Fraternally,

Tony Tinker