[OPE-L:8454] speed of capital

From: gerald_a_levy (gerald_a_levy@msn.com)
Date: Tue Feb 11 2003 - 08:19:33 EST

The following source, which discuss the "compression" of
time and space in late capitalism is, I believe, of relevance
to the "Electronics and Value" thread and prior discussions
of turnover time.  It is also an intervention in Marxian
discussions of urban and regional political economy and
how the pace of technological change affects daily life
including our understandings of time and speed.

"Speed: Conquering Time and Space"

http://it.stlawu.edu/~global/pagesspeed/menuframespeed.html

See, especially, sub-section on:  "Speed of Capital"
http://it.stlawu.edu/~global/pagesspeed/speedcap.html

The above are part of a MUCH LARGER  book-length site on:

"Landscapes of Capital:  Representing
Time, Space, and Globalization in Corporate
Advertising"

http://it.stlawu.edu/~global/pagesintro/mapfive.html

Do you know of other recent sources which concern the
speed of capital?

Solidarity, Jerry